Monday, June 7, 2010

Children's Miracle Network Telethon




Saturday evening I attended the CMN Telethon in Fargo, ND. Each year a telethon is held sharing the stories of families and children who expereinced the benefits of Children's Miracle Network first hand.

This year I had the pleasure of helping out with the telethon. I spoke with many families and met some incredible people. I had so many highlights during the evening. I spoke with a family who had four children. They were so welcoming to what I have been up to this year. I asked them about their "story" and they told me that three of the kids had been in the hospital. All of their children are happy and thriving now. They were so thankful for the great hospital care that their children had recieved. I also met twins Laela and Amelia who were born with a hormone disorder. They were the cutest! So adorable and precious!

I finally had the oppurtunity to meet our local CMN Champion. Her name is Alyssa Pratt. She is a sophomore now and was diagnosed with lukemia. I have heard so much about her and have wanted to meet her for quite some time. She was such a sweet girl. I talked with her and her family for a good 20 minutes! They were so fun! Alyssa is now in remission and will be keeping up with chemotherapy treatments for the next year and a half to keep the cancer away! It was a pleasure to finally meet her. She is now in Washington DC with other local CMN Champions. I'm sure she is having a blast!

I was also on the news with Miss Fargo, Stephanie Tollefson presenting a check for $4,000 to CMN from the Miss America Organization. We had a quick interview. I shared with viewers the involvement that MAO has with CMN. I hope you guys got to see it! ;)

Every time that I attend a CMN event or have helped raise funds for them I continue to be amazed by the stories of individual children. I feel so blessed by the families who have taken the time to share and trust me with their child's unique story. I hope that you all have considered to make a donation to them. It's truly worth it!

If you would like to donate copy and paste this link below into your internet browser. Every donation small or large matters!

https://www.maoteen4kids.org/m.aspx?i=16660A1F8+B74CE8A&e=9FF8+975C8

*In one week I will be leaving for MMOT!! Ahh, so excited!*

God Bless,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment