Saturday, October 16, 2010

HOTL 4th Graders= JOY!



It's been about a month since I have given up my title as Miss RRV Outstanding Teen...and let me tell you, life has not slowed down one bit! School has been busier than ever with college and high school courses, and music studies in my schedule! And the Sound of Music performance is now a month away. Wow time flies! I am loving every minute of my life. And oh yes, even the crazy ones!

I didn't want to stop speaking about my platform, "It's No Joke, Say NO to Smoke." The impact that smoking has had on loved ones in my life has given me the motivation to continue to fight against this ongoing issue. So I decided to speak with a group of joyful 4th graders at the Heart of the Lakes Elementary.

Part of my day is spent as an assitant at the elementary in Perham. It's been a unique experience helping and interacting with the children. Memories from my fourth grade life always seem to float back to me when I'm with them. I offered to speak to all of the 4th grade classes that I help out with. Last Friday I spent the a portion of the morning with Mrs. McEachran's class. I had Mrs. McEachran as a teacher and I was very pleased to spend a part of my time with her students. We disscused the alarming statistics of smoking together and they assured me that they DIDN'T want to smoke. :)

This Monday I will be continuing my little 4th grade tour at HOTL with Mrs. Klinnert's class. I can't wait to spend time with them!

Blessings,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment