Sunday, September 19, 2010

My farewell


“To Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine.” Last September when the lights were blocking my view from the audience, and my heart was pounding inside of my chest, I was announced as your first ever Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen. At that moment I could never have pictured, planned, or predicted what this past year has given me. My dreams and imagination went beyond what I ever thought possible as I took on a job that has changed me forever.

First and foremost I need to thank my Savior who is my source of strength, joy, hope, and the one who gives me a unique calling and purpose. You lay the plans you have for me each and every day. Thank you for giving me a year blessed with discovery. Mom, I have never seen more patience out of you than this past year. Your support is a huge part of my success. Thanks for always showing me in simple ways that you believe in me. Dad, thanks for your listening ear. Whenever I had any stress you were always there to help talk me through it. Terry, I know you sometimes don’t understand the pageant world, but thanks for pretending that you do and supporting me along the way. Bailey, sharing your 16th birthday with me at one of my appearances was so much to ask. Thanks for being willing to share your special day, and many of your days with me. Aubrey, thanks for being such a hilarious sister. Your humor always makes me laugh deep down, even though I may not like to always admit that. Gavin, thanks for being such a talkative brother and for always asking questions about what I was up to at my “pageants”. Mickey, you are such a skilled candy thrower. Thanks for always being willing to snap some pictures with me! To my extended family, I always feel your love and support whether you are across the United States or being there to cheer me on. Melissa, you put so much on your plate and balance it well. You went the extra mile for me this year. Thanks for your enthusiasm to help me be the best I could be. Shelley, you are the pro at helping me with fine line details of everything that I do. Thank you for your countless hours and behind the scenes work you did this past year. Amber, thank you for your encouragement, tips, and making sure all was well! Robin, I could not have asked for a more moving piece to take to MMOT. Your chorography translated so much within me to perform at my best. Northern Lights SADD, a huge thank you goes to this organization for seeing such significant potential in me and letting me join in their efforts of making a difference in the lives of teens. To all of the people behind the organization, you sacrifice so much of your time and energy. Thank you. Dave Howey, so much of what you do is behind scenes. Thank you for cutting my music for MMOT and for giving me the opportunity to share my message of teen smoking prevention across five radio stations in the Red River Valley. Kelli Beniek, your talent that shines in your photography is beyond explanation. I’m not only thankful for my photos, but I am more ecstatic about the relationship that I was blessed to begin with you. Jay, your service never goes unnoticed as I am with others. However, many do not know that you are the skilled lady that puts the time and effort into making my hair look stunning! Thank you for your hugs and encouragement along the way. Bethany, I could not have asked for a better, more beautiful, and spontaneous sister queen to share my year with. You have truly become my big sister that I have always wanted. I can’t wait to continue to watch you succeed and accomplish your goals and aspirations. You give so much of yourself to the people in the world around you. You continue to inspire me. My lovely friends (you know who you are) that I have made throughout this experience. I am so thankful for the relationships I have with all of you! I look forward to making more memories with you. To the Red River Valley, thank you for excepting me with open arms. I am so honored that I represented such a strong and amazing area of Minnesota this past year. To my successor, you have a year full of discovery ahead of you. May every experience and appearance bring joy to your journey. Your year will be more than you can ever ask or imagine.

I am so blessed for all that I have discovered, learned, and accomplished this past year. Tonight I will take the last step to completing my journey as Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen as I place the crown on your new title holder. All of you have inspired me along my journey and I thank you with an overwhelmed heart for all you have given me.

Many blessings,
Your first Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen,
Paige Alexandra Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment