Thursday, September 16, 2010

Final Days as Miss RRV Outstanding Teen





It has now been a week since I have given up my title, but I wanted to give you a recap of my final days of Miss RRV Outstanding Teen. Life has definately not slowed down in any way! Life is good! ;)

Saturday was the BIG pageant day! It was exactly that not only for Bethany and I, but for all of the girls competing for the title of Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen and Miss Moorhead. We were up and at it early when the alarm rang at 6 AM! It was quite a time crunch to get ready, pack up Bethany's vehicle with our wardrobes, and get to Moorhead High by 8 AM!

The morning was spent getting to know all of the girls and vice versa. Practicing our production number "Dynamite" was so much fun. The contestants caught on to the proudction number soo quick. We then went through competition walks for all of the girls. That too came naturally and quickly for all of them. Before we knew it, we had to get some lunch. While the girls filled their tummies I went to practice "God bless American" with Kathryn Knutilla, Miss Minnesota. Since the pageant was on the 9th Anniversary of 9/11 we wanted to have a special presentation of rememberance. Bethany and I had a great time figuring out our harmonies. Kathryn was such a great help!

Around 1:30 the teens had their interviews. I had the priveledge of bringing all of them in to meet the judges. We had a spectacular judging panel that made it relaxed for all of the girls. With the interviews being six minutes each they were over before we knew it. After interviews, I was able to run through some of my talent presentataions. It felt great to be on the stage again!

At 3:30 interviews were finished and we all headed to have a great meal provided for us by Bennigans of Moorhead! The meal hit the spot. We all made sure to fill our tummies before the night ahead of us. We ate quickly to be sure and get back in time to get ready for competition.

The doors opened at 6. I got to welcome everyone along with Bethany, Kat (MMOT) and Kathryn (Miss MN.) It was great to recieve and give many hugs to fellow friends and family as they came to support me and the contestants! I had many of my friends that are going to college in Moorhead come as well as many of the girls I competed with at MMOT! It was so great to see everone!

The pageant itself is a complete blur for me! It went sooo fast. My farewell was a bit tough to get through. I wasn't prepared for the emotions I would feel as my recorded farewell played and I walked the stage. Reflecting on my year as Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen was so incredible it brought many tears to my eyes. I really felt the love and support of everyone that was there! Thank you so much!

My final job as Miss RRV Outstanding Teen was to crown the 2010 title holder. With great honor I crowned Brianna Drevlo. I was so delighted to give her the experience I had this past year. She is a true outstanding teen. I can't wait to watch her compete for MMOT and cheer her on as she brings joy to the Red River Valley! Congratulations!

After the pageant I took some pictures and chatted with people I didn't see before the show! Then it came time to pack up my pageant wardrobe for the last time!...Even that was sad! I got back to the hotel around 10:00 and took a deep breath in, took off my heals,exhaled and smiled! I had done it. That night I spent time with fellow pageant friends eating pizza and reminissing about the evening. I went to bed quite late, but it was worth it!

The next day I had the great honor of performing at the Inspiring America Concert hosted by Kathryn Knutilla. There I sang the National Anthem and performed my dance from MMOT "Ave Maria." I was honored to be a part of such an inspiring afternoon. Many families involved with Children's Miracle Network where there to tell there stories! The North Dakota CMN Champion Alyssa Pratt was there! I met her at the Telethon. It was so great to see her again. Being a part of CMN has been such a blessing for me. Seeing children win their battles with cancer is incredible! I can't wait to see them continue to thrive and get healthy.

After the concert it came time to say goodbyes and get ready for my journey home. For the next couple of hours it hit me once again that my year was over. However I marveled at the thought of the people I had met, impact, and have changed my life! The night I gave away my title, the crown disappeared, but not the people or memories I made, and the things I have learned! I am thankful for it ALL!

Life has not slowed down in the slightest bit since last weekend. I just got through my second week of my senior year! This past Tuesday I was casted as the lead in The Sound of Music. I will be performing as Maria the weekend of Novemeber 19, 20, and 21! I hope to see all of you there. I will keep you posted!

I plan on keeping up with this blog! I am excited to continue my communication with you! This is not the end...it's only the beginning!

God's blessings to you!
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment