Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's just the beginning...









Last night I competed for the title of Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen. My adventure started Tuesday. It has been a couple of busy days, but I wanted to give all of you an update.

Tuesday was a day filled with great welcoming! I arrived at Anoka Ramsey Community College at 8 o'clock for contestant check in. I was greeted by many of the girls and directors. I recieved a bag full of goodies! Our day started right away with an introduction from the ARCC Staff along with a tour of the college.

After the tour we all joined back stage for a quick lunch before we had our photo shoot in our Rodney Alfred designer gowns. I ate fast so that I could rush into my dress fitting and makeup! I got to wear such a fun and different dress! I fell in love with it the minute that I tried it on! It fit so perfectly. I then got some make-up touch ups from the designer of the gown, Rodney! He is fabulous! Then it was time for the photo shoot! I was paraded out on stage where the shoot took place and enjoyed a few moments of fame. Before I knew it, I was done. After the shoot I got to relax and chat with a lot of the girls! It was so great getting to know all of them better. I also got to take a few snap shots with them in our gowns! We also took the group shot! It was such a blast!

Tuesday night all of us took a limo to McCormick and Schmick's! We had such a fun time on the way there. We talked about all kinds of things to random facts and our platforms. The ride was about 20-25 minutes. We arrived in downtown Minneapolis for a lovely dinner that was donated by McCormick and Schmick's. I enjoyed an amazing chicken and potateo dinner! It was so great! I was very full when I was finished.

After our amazing meal we all got on our limo and headed back to the hotel for some quick, but major rehearsal time! Our wonderful producer Megan helped us out with all of our production. She was so great to work with! I am proud to say that all of the contestants learned the entire production in 2 hours! We had such a fun time!

Tuesday was a great! I slept very well that night!

Wednesday was the BIG day that I had waited and prepared for. The day started early at 8 o'clock with bringing my entire competition wardrobe backstage and of course more rehearsals. Our morning consisted of learning all of our walks and more practice of proudction number! We caught on no problem!

After our morning practice time we enjoyed a little bit of lunch. Before I knew it I had to prepare for interview. I did my hair and make-up quite fast! At 1:30 contestants one through six were brought in to meet the judges. We had a great panel! My interview went very well and I felt good about after I had left the room. It was a great way to begin competition! After my interview was complete I got to run through my talent onstage and chat with my Mom and Melissa.

The afternoon seemed to take a while to pass. The anticipation for the pageant to begin made it hard to wait until showtime! 7 o'clock came faster than we had all planned! I felt the nerves as all of us walked out for production number! It was such a thrill!

Every phase of competition went very well with no stumbles or wardrobe worries! It was quite a blur and went super fast! As I stood waiting for the last two girls to be called as 1st runner up and MMOT my heart was beating sooo fast! I was awarded with 1st runner up! A close competition. I made my way to Kate for a picture. All of my hard work paid off! MMOT was announced as Kat Akridge! Congrats to you girl! She is so beautiful and talented!

After the crowning individual categories were announced. I won the personal interview. I was very excited!

This has been quite a journey and process and I am proud to say that it was worth the hard work and dedication! I know that MMOT is only a peice of my entire journey in the pageant world. I am so thankful for my expereinces and the friendships that I have made along the way! I am confident that this is only the beginning for me!

A huge thank you goes out to all of you who have been there since the beginning of this journey! God bless you!

MMOT Results
2nd Runner Up: Bailey Wacholtz
1st Runner Up: Paige Meyer
Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen: Kat Akridge
Interview: Paige Meyer
Talent: Kat Akridge
Evening Gown: Victoria Haler

Jeremiah 29:11
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment