Sunday, August 29, 2010

Potato Days Parade in Barnsville




Potato's were everywhere in Barnsville, Minnesota this past weekend! Bethany and I had a great time being apart of one of the many interesting happenings during Potato Days!...The HUGE Annual Parade.

Beth and I were very lucky to receive a courtesy vehicle from Ward Muscatell of Moorhead! We got to ride in a Red Ford F-150. We felt quite fancy! They have been really awesome supporters of the Miss Moorhead Program and we are so thankful for their willingness to help! Thanks so much to Ward Muscatell!

Luckily the evening was a perfect temperature! The only problem we had was the wind. Let me tell you wind and hair most of the time don't work together...And when you are trying to wave and be a "princess" it gets difficult! However, I don't think many of the little girls really noticed. ;)

The parade wait was the longest part, but once we got rolling it flew by as conversations took place and our waves became frantic as all of the children clapped and waved themselves. The smiling faces are always so precious!

After the parade we enjoyed the Dairy Queen! It was like Miracle Treat Day all over again! Yumm!! I met up with some family and family friends and enjoyed the Potato Days events..and don't forget the unique potato dumplings!

I can't get myself to count the days I have left as Miss Red River Valley OT! It's quite bittersweet! (That's become my favorite word lately!) I am really excited to start senior year and pick out that college that is out in the world! I have a lot to look forward. Hope to see you on the 11th! You won't want to miss out!

Congrats to our MMOT Katarina Akridge on a great representation at Miss America Outstanding Teen! I hope you had a life changing experience!

Love and Blessings,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment